Awake, north wind, and come, south wind!
Blow on my garden, that its fragrance may spread everywhere.
Let my beloved come into his garden and taste its choice fruits.
Song of Songs 4v16
I love wind. Seriously, I do! I love the sound of the wind howling down the chimney at night during a gale. I love the wind ripping through my hair whilst walking down the street. I love flying kites on the top of hills and having the hold on tight.
This verse speaks of two different kinds of wind.
The north wind which makes me think of cold, uncomfortable moments where everything is a struggle. It reminds me of battling against the wind on a bicycle in Germany trying to stay on the cyclepath and not topple into the road. It reminds me of winter in Poland when the wind coming from Russia made the temperature drop to -30c. It reminds me of a coldness that brings death. The situations in life, although troubling and hard, which kill of my old ways and leave barren land behind.
The south wind makes me think of a pleasant, refreshing wind. That gentle breeze you feel whilst sitting on a pedalo on a lake in the Black Forest or the refreshing draught through an open window in a hot and sticky minibus on a windy road in Bosnia. This wind is a sign of spring, it brings new life and hope.
"Blow on my garden that its fragrance may spread abroad". These winds, these different situations and experiences will show the substance of our life.
- What is the fragrance of my life?
- What does my life show?
The sense of smell is a wonderful thing. Each day we smell thousands of different scents but still we can recognise what they are.
- What associations does my life have?
"The wisdom of the great Husbandman overrules diverse and opposite causes to produce the one desired result, and makes both affliction and consolation draw forth grateful odours of faith, love, patience, hope, resignation joy and other fair flowers of the garden". Charles Spurgeon.
I want my life to bring fruit for God's kingdom and I've seen through my life that God uses both the hard north wind like situations and also the pleasant south wind situations to do this.
"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose" Romans 8v28
Praying that God would help me to be faithful in all circumstances and that through that my life would be fragrant and draw people to Him.

Blow on my garden, that its fragrance may spread everywhere.
Let my beloved come into his garden and taste its choice fruits.
Song of Songs 4v16
I love wind. Seriously, I do! I love the sound of the wind howling down the chimney at night during a gale. I love the wind ripping through my hair whilst walking down the street. I love flying kites on the top of hills and having the hold on tight.
This verse speaks of two different kinds of wind.
The north wind which makes me think of cold, uncomfortable moments where everything is a struggle. It reminds me of battling against the wind on a bicycle in Germany trying to stay on the cyclepath and not topple into the road. It reminds me of winter in Poland when the wind coming from Russia made the temperature drop to -30c. It reminds me of a coldness that brings death. The situations in life, although troubling and hard, which kill of my old ways and leave barren land behind.
The south wind makes me think of a pleasant, refreshing wind. That gentle breeze you feel whilst sitting on a pedalo on a lake in the Black Forest or the refreshing draught through an open window in a hot and sticky minibus on a windy road in Bosnia. This wind is a sign of spring, it brings new life and hope.
"Blow on my garden that its fragrance may spread abroad". These winds, these different situations and experiences will show the substance of our life.
- What is the fragrance of my life?
- What does my life show?
The sense of smell is a wonderful thing. Each day we smell thousands of different scents but still we can recognise what they are.
- What associations does my life have?
"The wisdom of the great Husbandman overrules diverse and opposite causes to produce the one desired result, and makes both affliction and consolation draw forth grateful odours of faith, love, patience, hope, resignation joy and other fair flowers of the garden". Charles Spurgeon.
I want my life to bring fruit for God's kingdom and I've seen through my life that God uses both the hard north wind like situations and also the pleasant south wind situations to do this.
"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose" Romans 8v28
Praying that God would help me to be faithful in all circumstances and that through that my life would be fragrant and draw people to Him.
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen